"It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of gold and silver."

"It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of gold and silver."

~Mohandas K Gandhi

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

It only took a week...

...to sort out the insurance issue.  I spent so much time in the last week on the phone with Big Insurance Company, my doctor's office, and the infusion company.  I swear sometimes it is like another part-time job, just keeping on top of people and making sure they actually do their jobs.  Anyway, I get my next infusion Thursday evening.  The IVIG was delivered today.  I almost hugged the delivery guy from the infusion company. 

I am sick, too.  (I'd love to go to the offices of BIC and cough all over a whole bunch of people there right now!)  I came home from work early today.  I must have looked as good as I felt, because I had more than one coworker telling me that I should go home.  However, as I said to one, when she asked me why I was staying until after a couple of my classes were done, "If I go home any earlier, I have to take a whole sick day.  I am up, dressed, and have makeup on.  I am not being docked a full sick day."  I don't think I'm going to make it in tomorrow.  *sighs*  I think I'm going to the doctor in the morning.

In other news, my husband told me that he has to be out the door at 6:15am tomorrow for a big meeting about two hours south of us.  Which means that, even if I call in sick, I still have to make myself look vaguely presentable, because I need to bring my son to daycare/preschool.  Obviously I understand that hubby did not do this on purpose.  My timing, as always, is just spectacular. 

No comments:

Post a Comment