"It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of gold and silver."

"It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of gold and silver."

~Mohandas K Gandhi

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Well, that didn't take long.

I am home sick today, for the second day in a row.  Yes, my son gave me Cootie Virus of Death.  He's recovering nicely, but I feel like holy hell.

I called in sick yesterday, and spent the day quietly, on my couch, mostly.  I also started taking the antibiotic my awesome doctor gave me to bring to Disney, because I could feel my sinuses starting to hurt, badly, and that's usually a pretty good sign it's time.  I went to bed early, planning on drugging myself into sleep, and going to school today.

I tossed and turned most of the night, but tried, anyway.  I was out of breath, and blazing hot, so I went to the nurse during first period, when I have off, and asked her to check my temperature.  My normal resting temp is 97.1, and I do not often get fevers, so imagine my surprise when she showed me the thermometer: 100.1!  "You're sick.  Go home, now," she told me.  "The rule is, anyone with a fever over 100 cannot stay in school."  Um, okay.  So, I told my boss, apologizing profusely, and came home.

So, here I am, third week of the school year, already having used two sick days.  Terrific.  This does not bode well for this year.

However, the good news: I have a fever, which means my body is actually trying to fight off this infection.  So, um, yay?

This would all be much simpler if I worked a job in which I could work from home sometimes.  I then wouldn't have to call in sick nearly as much, because there are a lot of times I call in sick because I am coughing too much and would disrupt class or something, but am not too sick to be on a computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment