"It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of gold and silver."

"It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of gold and silver."

~Mohandas K Gandhi

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Disney World!

Well, we're back.  Overall it was a good trip, except for a little thing named Irene that came screaming up the coast.  We were originally scheduled to fly home into Newark Airport Sunday August 28th.  On Thursday the 25th, we decided to stay until Monday.  We extended our stay in our hotel room (Thank you, Animal Kingdom Lodge, for being so flexible!) and changed our flight reservation to Monday 8am. 

Then, Saturday afternoon, my husband got an email from JetBlue- flights into Newark were cancelled Monday as well.  After working the phones and the Internet for over an hour, he and I came to a most sucky conclusion: Planes were not flying.  Trains were not running.  We had only one choice- to rent a car and drive 20 hours home.  So, we left Sunday shortly after noon.  We got as far as my cousin's house in Charlotte, NC, crashed there, and got back on the road Monday morning before 8am.  We pulled into our driveway close to 7pm Monday night.

So, the FastPass: It actually isn't technically a FastPass.  It's a pass to get some accomodations, like, in my case, waiting inside, in air conditioning, instead of in the stifling heat.  A bit disappointing, because I guess I misunderstood what my doctor was telling me, but it was still nice to have, just in case.  We ended up not using it at all.  The lines, overall, were not terrible, and the rides that had really bad lines, we got the more traditional Fast Pass for. 

My throat is very hoarse right now.  I'm not sure if it's from allergens or from zipping in and out of AC.  It's not from illness, though- I can tell.  I'll just have to live with the hoarseness until my throat decides to clear up.  Frustrating and annoying, to be sure.  Otherwise, we all came through our vacation unscathed.

No comments:

Post a Comment