"It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of gold and silver."

"It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of gold and silver."

~Mohandas K Gandhi

Sunday, March 13, 2011

On the mend

The cough is breaking up, finally.  I can sleep without having to resort to Tylenol PM.  (Well, I should clarify that: I can sleep as much as I usually sleep- I have bad insomnia, and have for years.)  Daylight Savings Time began here this weekend, so even though it's after 11pm, my body thinks it's only after ten pm, and I am therefore not tired.  Ugh.  I'm pretty sure the prednisone is not helping this situation, either- it usually does cause sleep problems for me. 

My son's cough is starting to break up, too.  We don't need to give him albuterol every three to four hours anymore.  He is still coughing in his sleep, but it doesn't seem to be waking him.  It's hard to tell sometimes, though- he talks in his sleep on a regular basis.  I heard him talking before, and I thought I even heard him call my name, but when I stood at his bedroom door and listened, I heard him babbling some kind of gibberish.  Gibberish is a good indication he's still asleep.  I can't wait for when he's a teenager, to hear what kinds of things he talks about. 

It's been warm enough this weekend to have windows open.  It feels good to have the breeze blowing through, like spring is really on the way.  All the snow is gone from our property, too.  And I noticed today- my hyacinths are starting to come up!  It seems I have survived another long winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment